AT&T has started rolling out the official Android 7.0 Nougat update on Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ SM-G928P, earlier today. For the record, the first Android Nougat update comes as version G928AUCU4EQC6 and weighs at 1.51 GB. The Android 7.0 Nougat includes new stuff like split-screen apps, quick settings customization, and various performance enhancement. Along with all the Android 7.0 Nougat goodies, it is also includes the March 1, 2017 Android security patch level.
In addition, it seems like only the Galaxy S6 edge+ were the first in line to get a doze of the Nougat treatment. This scenario is like Sprint Galaxy S6 edge+ Nougat released few days earlier. Whilst the Galaxy S6, and Galaxy S6 edge might be delayed for a while. Chances are, the deployment could be right after the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ market launch next week.
Anyways, to update your AT&T Galaxy S6 edge+ Android 7.0 Nougat just simply hit the system update menu. Your device should still be running in official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS version G928AUCS4CQA1 or G928AUCS4CQB2 to get the Android 7.0 Nougat update G928AUCU4EQC6.
Here are the details:
- Device: SAMSUNG SM-G928A
- Android version: 7.0 (Nougat)
- Android security patch level: March 1, 2017
- Baseband version: G928AUCU4EQC6
- Kernel version: 3.10.61-10809541
- Build number: NRD90M.G928AUCU4EQC6
- AP: G928AUCU4EQC6
- CP: G928AUCU4EQC6
- CSC: G928AATT4EQC6
- Release date: April 1, 2017
What’s new in Android Nougat Updates?
- Android 7.0 Nougat OS upgrade
- Samsung Cloud
- Samsung Pass
- Provides new UX and various performance modes
- Improved usability of the Notification feature and Quick settings button
- Improved usability of the Multi-window
- Improved setting menu and Always On Display
- Efficient space for installation of downloaded apps, improved speed of system upgrade and app installation
- AT&T Address Book,
- AT&T Live
How to update AT&T Galaxy S6 edge+ via Over-The-Air:
- Ensure your battery is fully charged before starting the software update. This is a must and very important part to get rid of some issues if ever the software update being interrupted due to a power failure.
- From the Home screen, tap the Menu Key > Settings > About device > Software updates > Check for Updates.
- If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now. When complete, a screen will appear advising you that the new version of software is ready to be installed. Tap Install update.
- The device will power down and power back on. A screen will appear stating that the installation has been completed. Tap OK.
- You’ve successfully updated your Galaxy S6 edge+ OS to Android 7.0 Nougat.
[Thank’s to Jake]