The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ (SM-G928W8) has gotten the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update in Canada. The first released build to which were dubbed with build number G928W8VLU2BPC5 are being released over the air. The said update are being pushed by Telus, Bell, and the rest of all major Canadian carriers. Whilst Rogers devices might going to have a little bit delay but will also surely get it according to their reported released schedule on April 27th.
- Device: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+
- Model number: SM-G928W8
- Android version: 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Baseband version: G928W8VLU2BPC5
- Kernel version: 3.10.61-7569052
- Build number: MMB29K.G928W8VLU2BPC5
- Android security patch level: April 01, 2016
- AP: G928W8VLU2BPC5
- CSC: G928W8OYA2BPC5
- CP: G928W8VLU2BPC5
- OS upgrade – Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
- The new TouchWiz provides enhanced usability and an updated visual design.
- Quick connect helps you easily find and connect to nearby devices and pre-connection.
- Fingerprints are securely protected. An alternative unlock method (pattern,PIN, or password.
- Advanced power saving mode restricts background data and extends battery life.
- A new vibration pattern concept has been applied
- Settings for the following has been reset: Theme, Email, Icon/Widget
Among other things the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow offers a much fully improved UI. The Doze power management, a redesigned folder and icons, and additional improvements to Apps edge panel are just the features that are quite astonishing. Along with some performance optimizations, Samsung has also included the latest security patches in the update.
The update weighs at approximately 1271.81 MB to download Over-The-Air. The rolling out are usually released in phases and it may takes some several days before it reaches to all devices, so better check the update manually by going to Settings > About device > Software Update > Check for updates, if you haven’t prompted the availability of the update yet. You must also ensure that your phone has not been rooted nor modified or otherwise the update may fail and you may not get the update.
[Thank’s to Tim]