Each of these firmware builds were officially released by Samsung either via Over-The-Air and thru Smart Switch for PC. Each updates basically added with new features, bug fixes, UI improvements, and several enhancements to either apps, data connection, messaging, screen display, camera, audio and video quality, and a lot more.
Metro PCS Galaxy S6 SM-G920T1 Stock Firmware Builds
These firmware packages can only be used exclusively Galaxy S6 SM-G920T1 , the MetroPCS variant. These stock firmware cannot be used on other Galaxy S6 models as it may result into undesirable outcomes. You might check and confirm which version of Galaxy S6 you have according to its model number. This is a very important part especially for beginners, that is because each specific Galaxy S6 models uses different firmware builds.
To do this just simply dial this code on the keypad *#12345# or by going to the Home > Apps > Settings > About Device> then look for the Model number along with general system information of your phone.
Tools You’ll Need: You may grab the newest version or try the older ones that works on your PC.
- Backup all important data stored in the phone’s memory, including contacts, messages, music, videos, and etc.
- Extract or unzip the firmware file you have downloaded so that you’ll get the “Odin flashable” tarball firmware file.
- Make sure the battery is re-charge or it has at-least around 50% remaining power.
- Enable the USB debugging mode. Go to Settings > About device > then look for the Build number > tap it for around 7-times until says something like “Congratulations you are now a developer” . head bacl to the home screen to activate the USB debugging mode. From Home screen > Settings > Developer option, then mark check the box that says USB Debugging Mode.
- Turn off the “Reactivation Lock”. Some other Galaxy S6 variant this feature are pre-installed. To turn it Off just go to Settings > Security > Reactivation Lock and then unmark check the Reactivation lock option. You may need to enter your password on this process.
- Use the supplied USB data cable of your Galaxy S6.
- Use Windows PC to this process as this will not work on MAC computers.
- Run Odin on your PC.
- Reboot the Galaxy S6 edge into Odin download mode.
Turn it off, once completely shut down hold down the ‘HOME’ + ‘VOLUME DOWN’ buttons and press the ‘POWER’ button for about 2 seconds until a WARNING! Screen appears. Press the ‘VOLUME UP’ button to continue or enter Download Mode.
- Connect the phone to PC via USB. Then make sure you can see as phone “Added” in Odin log box or highlight the COM:ID once the computer recognizes the device.
- In Odin window, Do Not ever tick ‘RE-Partition’ , just leave the ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F. Reset Time’ mark as checked.
- Load the firmware packages in Odin’s AP button:
- Click on the “Start” button to flash the stock firmware
- Wait until the flashing successfully finishes, you’ll just see a word ‘PASS’ in Odin.