Sprint Galaxy S6 Edge+ (SM-G928P) Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Update has also started to roll out. Sprint began sending updates to a couple of weeks ago on the Galaxy S6 SM-G920P and the S6 Edge (SM-G925P), so this update is not so surprising anymore. The update came out is tagged with software build G928PVPU2BPC3 and its recently under in phased release via Over-The-Air (OTA). The Galaxy S6 Edge+ is joining. The Android Marshmallow are similar across devices, so this one is also equipped with an updated TouchWiz, Advanced power saving mode for better battery life , a newly redesigned folder and icons, and a bunch of new Marshmallow goodies.
Sprint Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- Model number: SM-G928P
- Android version: 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Android security patch level: February 01, 2016
- Baseband version: G928PVPU2BPC3
- Kernel version: 3.10.61
- Build number: MMB29K.G928PVPU2BPC3
- AP: G928PVPU2BPC3
- CP: G928PVPU2BPC3
- CSC: G928PSPT2BPC3
- OS upgrade – Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
- The new TouchWiz provides enhanced usability and an updated visual design.
- Quick connect helps you easily find and connect to nearby devices and pre-connection.
- Fingerprints are securely protected. An alternative unlock method (pattern,PIN, or password.
- Advanced power saving mode restricts background data and extends battery life.
- A new vibration pattern concept has been applied
The update weighs at approximately 1323 MB in file size to which are being held available via Over-The-Air. The rolling out usually takes into several days, so better check the update manually by going to Settings > About device > Software Update > Check for updates, if you haven’t prompted the availability of the this update yet. You must also ensure that your phone has not been rooted or otherwise the update may fail and you may not get the update.
Sprint Galaxy S6 Edge+ support page