Verizon has officially started its deployment of the Android 7.0 Nougat update on Galaxy S6 edge+ (SM-G928V). If you haven’t checked it out yet, an OTA update dubbed as build version NRD90M.G928VVRU3CQB9 is heading on its way on your devices. It seem like big red has followed the same pattern to Sprint and AT&T, of which these carriers now in favor on the Galaxy S6 edge+ only.
Anyways, for whatever reasons, it turns out that all US Galaxy S6 and S6 edge will get its Nougat updates on a later time. While T-Mobile has a different story, neither their Galaxy S6, S6 edge and S6 edge+ hasn’t received any Nougat update yet as of this moment.
Here are the details:
- Device: SAMSUNG SM-G928V
- Android version: 7.0 (Nougat)
- Android security patch level: March 1, 2017
- Baseband version: G928VVRU3CQB9
- Kernel version: 3.10.61
- Build number: NRD90M.G928VVRU3CQB9
- AP: G928VVRU3CQB9
- CP: G928VVRU3CQB9
- CSC: G928VVZW3CQB9
What’s new in Android Nougat Updates?
- Android 7.0 Nougat OS upgrade
- Provides new UX and various performance modes
- Improved usability of the Notification feature and Quick settings button
- Improved usability of the Multi-window
- Improved setting menu and Always On Display
- Efficient space for installation of downloaded apps, improved speed of system upgrade and app installation
So if you owned the Galaxy S6 edge+ G928V, just start firing up that software update button. You may head-over at Verizon Galaxy S6 edge+ support page for further details.