Verizon is sending another round of Android 7.0 Nougat update on Galaxy S6 edge+ (SM-G928V) bumping its OS version to NRD90M.G928VVRS3CQD1 from the earlier release version NRD90M.N920VVRU3CQB9. The update apparently brings the latest Android security patches to which has moved the device Android security patch level to April 1, 2017.
Here are the details:
- Device: SAMSUNG SM-G928V
- Android version: 7.0 (Nougat)
- Android security patch level: April 1, 2017
- Baseband version: G928VVRS3CQD1
- Kernel version: 3.10.61
- Build number: NRD90M.G928VVRS3CQD1
- AP: G928VVRS3CQD1
- CP: G928VVRS3CQD1
- CSC: G928VVZW3CQD1
What new: The current software update gives you the most up to date Android security patches on your device.
Android 7.0 Nougat Features:
- Android 7.0 Nougat OS upgrade
- Provides new UX and various performance modes
- Improved usability of the Notification feature and Quick settings button
- Improved usability of the Multi-window
- Improved setting menu and Always On Display
- Efficient space for installation of downloaded apps, improved speed of system upgrade and app installation
The update is currently seeding via Over-The-Air, so you can take the update either manually check the update by going to the Menu Key > Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates.
Just in-case if someone haven’t updated their Galaxy S6 edge+ to Nougat update yet, you may update your device using the Verizon Software upgrade assistant from the Verizon site. This can save you time from installing the previous security patches before you get Android 7.0 Nougat update.